Copyright at Lumen
Lumen, Lumen Learning, Candela, Wyamaker and the Lumen logo are trademarks of Lumen. Unless otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Attribution at Lumen
Lumen follows and recommends a standard Attribution Architecture for copyright and licensing attributions.
Report Potential Copyright or Licensing Issues
Prior to making any Open Course Framework or other resources publicly available, Lumen has reviewed all material extensively to determine the correct ownership of the material and obtain and attribute appropriate licenses to make the material available. Lumen will promptly remove any material that is determined to be infringing on the rights of others. If you believe that a portion of an Open Course Framework or other resource infringes another’s copyright, let us know.
To file a formal notification, you must be either the copyright owner of the work or an individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Your notification must include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information, such as a specific URL or other specific identification, for us to locate the material.
- Information for us to be able to contact the claimant (e.g., email address, phone number).
- A statement that the claimant believes that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the claimant is, or is authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner.