Open educational resources promise huge benefits to students, instructors and educational institutions that use them effectively. Yet many struggle with faculty training and support, making the shift away from high-cost commercial content successful, and maintaining the quality of OER-based courses and instruction over time.
Lumen Learning provides affordable Candela OER Services to make using open educational resources a reliable and cost-effective academic strategy in several content areas:
- Candela Math
- Candela General Education
- Candela Transitional Studies
- Candela Business
- Candela Science
Focused on high-enrollment disciplines and courses, Candela OER Services use an annual subscription model priced at the institution level, to avoid costly per-student licensing fees. Services include content curation, faculty training, support and learning analytics to continually improve institutions and students’ success using OER.
Candela OER Services help institutions rapidly achieve implementation scale and return on investment by eliminating student textbook costs and improving student success.
Other Lumen Learning Services
In addition to Candela OER Services, Lumen Learning offers OER pilot programs and stand-alone training and consulting services. These options facilitate easy entry points to move institutions along the path towards effective use of OER.
Learn More about Candela OER Services
- Compare features and pricing between Lumen Learning’s freely available Open Courses and its Open Courses supported by Candela OER services
- Implement an OER pilot to see how Open Courses and Candela OER Services work for you
- Contact us to discuss Candela OER Services and how to make sustainable OER work for you